1940 - 1947
The church began with people meeting in their homes and in a schoolhouse in the Pleasant Valley, Missouri area in the 1940s.
In 1947, 20 charter members formally organize Pleasant Valley Baptist Church on August 10. The church became affiliated with the Missouri Baptist and Southern Baptist Conventions.
1948 - 1950
For $1,150 the church purchased one acre of ground near the corner of Church Road and Pleasant Valley Road.
For $600, the church bought the vacated Prarie Home Church northeast of Liberty for its lumber, two piano, and pews. Lumber was also used from the partially burned Big Shoal Church located near the historical cemetery on Pleasant Valley Road.
in 1950, the new one-room church was completed and dedicated.
1953 - 1970
Current church member Ted McCoy drew the blueprints for the addition of education and office space. All the labor was donated except for the ceiling, which was paid for by Second Baptist Church in Liberty.
In the early '60s, McCoy designed and built a bell tower that would ring in the community for 15 minutes prior to Sunday School each week.
1973 - 1975
The church experienced significant growth and two floors of education space were added along with a third-floor gymnasium.
The Bus ministry became an effective tool for those without a church home to attend Pleasant Valley.
In 1975, Pleasant Valley became one of the first churches in the nation to have two Sunday Schools with two Worship Services.
1977 - 1986
The church rented the Pleasant Valley Community Building for additional Sunday School space.
The church developed a three-phase plan to build a new auditorium, education space, and multi-use space. The new Worship Center was built and had its first service on October 1, 1981.
Phase two was completed in 1986, which included additional space for preschool and children.
1991 - 1992
In 1991 a balcony addition was completed in the auditorium to provide an additional 280 seats. During the balcony addition, some services were a little bit breezy!
By 1992, worship service attendance regularly exceeded 1,600. A Saturday evening worship service was added, making Pleasant Valley one of the first Protestant churches in the nation to offer a worship service on Saturday night.
1995 - 1997
The congregation began looking at options of relocating and in October 1995 broke ground at I-35 and North 291 Hwy in Liberty.
Construction began in 1996, and on September 6, 1997, the first worship service was held in the new Worship Center.
2003 - 2006
In 2003, the east wing, including the commons, nursery, student areas, 3rd-floor classrooms, and gym were built.
In 2006, a space being used for music rehearsals was remolded into the current Chapel space to allow for additional space to hold smaller worship services, weddings, and funerals.
300 PV members launched the KCI satellite campus, sparking a vision of Pleasant Valley becoming a planting church.
The Commons was updated and space given to a coffee area called the Global Cafe.
The third-floor mezzanine was expanded so the library could be relocated to a central space. New worship and classroom suites were created in the children's area for grades 3-5.
2016 - 2019
The Grove, a new church plant, launched with 30 members in the Gladstone Community Center. Due to their quick growth, The Grove moved to Oak Hill Dayschool in 2018, where their average attendance exceeds 100 per weekend.
In 2017 a new Chapel entrance was built on the west side of the building to create a more appealing and accessible entrance for those using the chapel.